The FRIENDS programmes are a series of emotional reilience programmes developed in Australia by Clinical Psychologist, Dr Paula Barrett, to prevent and provide early help for stress, anxiety and depression. Based on the same theoretical model as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, the FRIENDS programmes look at how the body, mind and behaviour interact to influence how stress and anxiety is experienced.
Variations of the programme are delivered to different age groups to ensure sessions are fun and engaging. Sessions develop core emotional skills following the 7 steps of the FRIENDS plan and culminate in the children devising their own coping plans.
- Develops life skills and self-confidence to cope with difficult situations
- Normalises the emotional state of anxiety
- Builds resilience and problem solving abilities
- Encourages peer learning and builds peer and other support networks
- Prevents anxiety and depression
Target age range: 5 years to 11 years
£90 per child for a 10 week programme
(All prices include VAT at 20%)Book this intervention
Find out moreRequest further information