What are the aims of the education provision?
By providing a safe learning environment, with timetables that are tailored to individual needs, Youth Works CIC aim to:
- Re-engage young people who are at risk of educational and/or social exclusion.
- Improve attendance rates.
- Improve behaviour, confidence and self-esteem.
- Improve achievement potential.
- Improve emotional wellbeing through targeted interventions.
- Provide opportunities for young people to gain a range of vocational accreditations.
- Provide opportunities for young people to achieve up to Level 2 in Maths, English and ICT Functional Skills.
- Support young people in achieving GCSEs in partnership with their ‘home’ school.
- Provide a programme of PSHE education, including drugs and alcohol awareness, sexual health, crime and career planning.
- Provide an average learner/tutor ratio of 4:1.
- Provide clear progression routes into further education, training and employment.